Nerve Root Injections
- At each level of the lumbar spine a nerve root passes
out to supply the legs with sensation and
- The nerve root can become irritated or compressed
causing pain, loss of sensation or weakness
in the legs.
- NRI (which is a steroid and a numbing agent) injected
to the nerve root, helps to relieve these symptoms.
- A dye is also added and fluoroscopy is used to track
the medication, ensuring that the medication is
delivered to the correct location.
- The steroid also helps reduce inflammation around
the nerve root.